Whether you like history, culture or adventure there is something for everyone in Alburquerque. Every year thousands of tourists gather here to get a feel of this mystical land. Here are some of the reasons why you should visit Alburquerque.
- If you like historical sites then you must visit the Old Town, Alburquerque. The Indian and Spanish cultures are predominant here. There are old churches, piazzas, winding brick paths, old-fashioned shops, and other ancient heritage. During winter, small candles are lit around the streets and it is a spectacular scene indeed.
- Alburquerque is one of the best places in the world to have a hot air balloon experience. It is actually known as the ballooning capital of the world. Every year in the month of October, thousands of visitors gather at Alburquerque for the International Balloon Fiesta. The sky gets filled with hundreds of balloons. In the evening the balloons are again inflated with ‘balloon glows’ and you can see them shine in the dark sky.
- You can enjoy different types of outdoor activities in Albuquerque. You can go golfing, biking, skiing or hiking. The natural beauty is stunning, making these sports more enjoyable.
- You can experience Sandia Peak Tramway. Going over the Sandia mountains will give you an amazing view of the place. It is a hub of winter sports. You can have a great skiing experience here.
- Great authentic New Mexican cuisine is also a good reason to visit Alburquerque. There are very good pizzerias, steakhouses and cafes.
You can visit Alburquerque at any time of the year. Unlike other places, you don’t need a particular season to make your travel plans. You will be completely lost in wonder once you arrive here.